Thinkinc. worked with the Chicago Independent Venue League to create a formidable force that took on a City of Chicago-backed project to use public funds to build a billion-dollar megadevelopment that threatened the city’s independent music scene.
Within a week, Thinkinc. generated widespread media coverage and fervent community support. Over the next six months, Thinkinc.’s strategy yielded:
- Media coverage in The New York TImes, Billboard, Spin, Stereogum, the Chicago Tribune and many more outlets
- A steady stream of news conferences, open letters to the residents of Chicago and news releases to maintain interest in and public support for CIVL’s goals
- An engaged audience of Chicagoans, leading to concessions from Chicago’s notoriously unified City Council
- An online petition drive that got nearly 2,000 signatures in the first 48 hour
- A personalized email campaign to petition signers that attracted enthusiastic CIVL supporters to public meetings about the megadevelopment
- An enhanced CIVL online presence, including website and responsive social media outreach